Sunday 1 July 2012

A Tablet Thats Not To Be Swallowed

Iberry Auxus AX02

I recently got my hands on a new tablet-pc called the Auxus AX02 by iberry (yes, i was skeptical when buying from a relatively unknown company). Being a huge android nut I did not mind shelling out around 10k for it and I must say, for what I paid it is not a dime a dozen. Here is a brief review on it.


That was the add i had seen on some blog and it really caught my eye. "India's first tablet pc with ICS! - This one i gotta see!!"

Specs:

- CPU: 1.0 Ghz ARM Cortex A8
- Android 4.0
- 1gb DDR-3 RAM
- 4gb Internal
- Mali 400 GPU
- 7.0" LCD
- 800x400 WVGA
- Wifi, External USB
- Mini HDMI
- Camera: Front- 0.3MP; Back: 2MP
- Battery, Speakers, 3.5mm earphone jack,...blah blah... a bunch of other stuff.

I am going to walk-through the Highs and Lows of this budget tablet

Highs :

- Cost : A budget tablet that can come in handy.
- OS : ICS is amazingly well designed and is a real eye-candy
- CPU & RAM : Smooth as butter!
- Mali 400 GPU : Amazing game performance and video rendering capabilities.
- Mini HDMi :Useful to say the least.

Lows : 

- Screen size : The 7.0" LCD is just not big enough to read text in the portrait mode but does a decent  job when in landscape
- Screen Resolution : A better resolution may be too much asking for a tablet with an alluring price tag as this one
- Battery : The battery life is abominable, On constant usage it gives around 3-4hrs.
- Camera : Calling the photos "not clear" would be an under-statement!
- Internal Memory : I had hoped that this would have more internal memory than an average smartphone but alas!

Final Verdict

I would say it does an awesome job overall and maybe I am being a hint too critical about where the tablet fails as that can be compensated with the low price-tag.
I'll give it a final rating of  3.5/5 and endorse buying it if your pocket value is around the 10k mark.
Cheers! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment